Saturday, May 5, 2018

FNWF'S Report

It is time to report on FNWF hosted by Cheryl . I did something a little different this time round , I spent my time handquilting a very old UFO that sadly has been on my quilt frame for over a year , I am almost afraid to  see what it will be like when it is removed . I love this little quilt Henrietta whiskers , such a fun quilt , designed by BunnyHill . I'd love to finish it for our upcoming quilt show but not sure that is possible but i will give it a whirl and see how it goes .

 Last week this time I was at our guild retreat,  what a fabulous time we had , there were just 13 of us that took part and we each just worked on our own thing which I quite enjoy doing . Classes are nice but I really needed the unstructured do as I please time away . So what did I work on , well I didn't want to go unprepared so I took along a few projects . My initial plan was to work on the Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt but I changed my mind , just felt it would be a little too stressful . I chose a log cabin runner pattern that I have made a few times and quite like and I need a new runner for my hutch so I got busy and cut all the components needed . Next was a kit I was so generously given by Annette  two years ago , it is a row by row from a quilt store called Haus of Stitches in Humboldt Saskatchewan . I also got this all cut and ready to stitch but couldn't wait to start so actually did all the stitching at home and only needed to quilt it and bind it . Another kit followed me there , a rather  old one , it is at least ten years old and is for a wall hanging . I traced off all the applique bits and got those ironed on but left the rest for the retreat . Now I know you are wondering if I actually finished anything , well yes I did finish the log cabin runner , even the binding got sewn down .
This is a very large runner so I had to use the floor trick to get it all in the photo . The row by row was almost completed , I had three quarters of the quilting done and obviously ran out of steam as I started sewing down the backing onto itself 😥
 
I finished it when I got home 😁
And here is the applique project which isn't finished , I have all the applique stitched on and the borders added but just haven't gotten back to it yet . 
I did change the background fabric for this project , the fabric included was a deep beige with tiny flowers which I just didn't care for . 
 So overall I feel I was pretty productive along with lots of talking and laughing and good food and a little sleeping too . 
 Thanks for stopping by today , so nice to see you .
 Hugs Sheila 

19 comments:

  1. A very productive weekend, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very productive! Look forward to seeing the quilt once it's off the frame and I like those coloured leaves on the table runner too

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had a very productive time away at retreat. Looks forward to seeing the quilt you are quilting. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great productive weekend for you, don't you hate that when you catch the backing fabric!! Love the table runners andnthe applique project is very pretty. Looking forward to seeing the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sheila wow you have done lots of beautiful work ,you are very productive,well done my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with getting that quilting done Sheila - it is going to be a beautiful quilt. Great work on your retreat - I love the log cabin table runner and the row by row is lovely too. Please show is your little applique mini when you have finished it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sew nice to see you post Sheila and see all the beautiful things you worked on at your retreat.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sheila, you definitely had a profitable retreat! Love the projects you worked on, especially the row by row. Good luck with quilting that gorgeous quilt. Looking forward to seeing you at your quilt show!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, you did have a very productive weekend. I much prefer retreats that don't have classes - just work on my own stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the look of the quilt on your frame :-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. You did well there Sheila, I had to laugh that you were preparing something to take but started sewing before you got there!!! lovely finishes.... All the best with the handquilting... I remember that quilt - beautiful... will it have stretched at all on the frame?
    Hugz
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Sheila, some great finishes there! Love them! Sorry not to have been to visit for a while.... moving home is a BIG undertaking and it has taken a while to get settled and find time to join the blogging world again!! Hugs Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such lovely projects to keep you busy! It’s a glorious morning here in central Maine. I hope it is there, too! I’m only a 10 hour drive away and will be back in 5 days! Tell Mother Nature to turn up the temperature! XO

    ReplyDelete
  14. One stitch at a time and it's amazing what you can get done. Your quilt is going to be wonderful when finished I'm sure your runners are great you are ahead of me with the row by row. Happy stitching
    In stitches
    Annette

    ReplyDelete
  15. One stitch at a time and it's amazing what you can get done. Your quilt is going to be wonderful when finished I'm sure your runners are great you are ahead of me with the row by row. Happy stitching
    In stitches
    Annette

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh yes, very productive! It sounds like you were very organised and got a lot done! I like the unstructured retreats where anything goes - I very rarely need to be tempted by something new - although that always happens anyway! And good luck with your goal for your hand quilting... having a deadline can be a good motivator!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love all your projects! You were very productive. Maybe I should go on retreat...

    ReplyDelete
  18. What lovely projects all around! It sounds like a wonderful retreat where you can do what you want and enjoy the people around you. So nice to hear from you again.
    Happy sewing,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  19. I really like your new decorative designs! it's beautiful so much and good idea on site.

    ดูหนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete