Wednesday, November 23, 2016

What I am working on today

I bet I am the only one who hadn't heard of Minecraft , well until I asked my son what quilt I could make for my  grandson and he suggested Minecraft I hadn't heard of it nor had I seen any that I remembered.  I looked on Pinterest and came across a few photos so went to work cutting and sewing blocks . Pretty simple construction which is really good when you don't have a lot of time . This has to be finished and off to Saskatoon  for Christmas , oh but I work well under pressure lol .

 Not much of a picture but I will share more once I get it quilted . The quilting like the quilt will be very simple just a simple x through the blocks .  Oh I know it isn't all that exciting but I know Isaac won't care and it will be very washable which is important .  I am now all caught up on the Splendid Sampler blocks ,  finished the latest one yesterday , whew , that felt good , didn't want to get behind as I tend to leave things once I get behind and after all this work is didn't want that to happen .  I will show you the latest ones I have done .
So as you see I had fallen behind . 
 Okay , break is over , time to tackle that quilt again , oops before I go I want to mention to those taking part in the postcard exchange to get those cards made and in the mail before December 1st , thanks so much . One of mine arrived yesterday,  yeah . 
 Thanks for stopping by and enjoy your day , it is a wet cold one here but no snow yet 😉
Hugs Sheila  

19 comments:

  1. I've heard of Minecraft........my Canadian DIL likes it. Love those blocks, it will be so pretty when it's finished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friend Kelli did a whole series of Minecraft blocks, but I still don't know what Minecraft is! Good for you for catching up on the Splendid blocks. Once I fall behind on something like that, I never finish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sheila,i have a GS who is right into minecraft,and i love those slendid sampler blocks my friend they look fantastic,well done xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kimberley loves playing minecraft. :). Looking forward to seeing the quilt you are making. The SS blocks looks wonderful. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess it IS cold! But you should have seen all the rainbows on our way to and from NG today! I don't know what Minecraft is either, other than it's a game of some kind or other. Your Splendid blocks lol...well...they look Splendid! Hey, my new Blogger homepage is now the posts page, you know, the page I'd go to if I want to edit a post? Is yours? How maddening. Does someone really think they made it, um, better? Enjoy your evening! Stay warm! XO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good work. I am still about 16 blocks behind with the SS blocks. Like your blocks though. Gives me hope I can catch up soon...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Splendid Sampler blocks Sheila.... you have done well to catch up.... I am still way behind.... may have to postpone until next year! Keep warm! Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with your Minecraft. It looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh you are doing well with the splendid sampler blocks . I am getting mine printed but I am sew far behind....lol. I keep thinking next week I will be able to get a bunch sewn up.
    In stitches

    ReplyDelete
  10. I learnt about it from my Grandson too lol! Your Splendid Sampler blocks are wonderful Sheila! I am sooooooo far behind....cue hysterical laughter here!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your blocks are looking great Sheila and, no, Minecraft!! So looking forward to seeing your quilt and maybe I will learn something. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your blocks are looking beautiful, I have heard of Minecraft but had no idea either!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I only know about minecraft as a grandson loves it but I would also have to look it up for a quilt. Simple is good and I don't think we have to do fancy to make something lovely and functional. Love your blocks - I hope to get some catch up done next week.
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your Splendid Sampler blocks are wonderful! Good for you for keeping up!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The blocks are very beautiful as always!
    I like simple squares like those of the grandson. I'm still going to do something like that someday.:))
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lots and lots of progress. Loving the blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your SS blocks are looking great - good on you with keeping up!

    ReplyDelete
  18. He's sure to love and cherish the quilt that you've made for him! Wonderful blocks and you did such a nice job taking photos of them with your great vintage sewing machine collection.
    Have a great week,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete