Wednesday, January 14, 2015

WIP Wednesday

It has been a very long time since I have shared on WIP Wednesday with the Needle and Thread Network ,maybe 2015 I will get better at that ;-)  So what have I been working on , well a couple of things , my charming star blocks a SAL with Terry and I have three more blocks made and several in the making but I won't bore you with a picture of those right now , I will wait until I finish the top  . I have also been trying to finish off my Aurifil blocks for 2014 , I only had December to do and when I made it is too big , I was very careful with piecing and cutting and remeasured all the way along yet it is still too big so I decided to make a new block and chose first a basket block from Quilters Cache , I got very discouraged when it wasn't quite right either , the points are cut off on the basket , I might be able to fix this one but I was determined to get one right so chose a block from the 2013 Pat Sloan BOM , sorry I don't recall the name of the block but it turned out perfect .

 The block in the upper left corner was the December block which is too large then you can see the basket block to the right and the final correct size block below it , just checked and it is called Good Vibrations . I made all of these blocks using 30's reproduction prints I had on hand and really had to scrounge to get those last couple of blocks but it is great I have used them up . I love the suggested setting for these blocks and will need to make a large block for the center and the whole thing is done on point , wish me luck . I won't get to this for a while as I want to finish off the Charming stars first . I did enjoy taking part although I don't really care for some of these blocks but it is always a great learning process . 
 Today I am starting on some PJ's for my granddaughter a different type of sewing for this very cold day here on the east coast . 
 Before I go I just want to ask those who are participating in the Valentine Postcard exchange if they have all received their partners names and addresses . I think I have them all sent out but want to be sure I don't want to miss anyone and remember mail out date is on or before February 1st. Thanks .
 Thanks to everyone for stopping by today and be sure to hop on over to see what others are up to this week .
 Hugs Sheila 

17 comments:

  1. Looking fabulous! I really like 30's prints.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blocks look great. Can't wait to see the finished project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! I did receive my postcard info, and my card is made. My partner and I have been in contact, and she's already mailed her card! So efficient. Thanks for hosting again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. those blocks look great and the colours are lovely... great to use up what you have...
    I got my Valentine partners... thanks...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those prints in these blocks
    Got my postcard info - just got to make it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pleased your blocks all worked out in the end.. They look great together.
    Yes thank you have received partner for swap and will post today. Mine have a long way to fly...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like those fabrics in those blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely blocks and fabric Sheila. hugs......

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your blocks look pretty altogether Sheila and setting them on point sounds good too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your blocks and the colors are so beautiful!
    Hugs, Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  11. awesome Sheila ,love it.xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I always see these blocks as a magic thing! A lot of pieces saw beautiful designs! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your blocks have come together very well!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your header photo is fabulous! As to the work of your hands and heart...lovely work, Sheila. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  15. They are lovely Sheila and look so nice together. Love your frosty header.....blow me some cool please!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Seems i'm missing a lot of you posts. Not sure why as they show up on my sidebar still. Your blocks are lovely. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete