Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Plans for April

                                                       
April has arrived and I am happy to say good bye to March , it was a tough month weather wise but today is not that great either ;-)It is very much like winter today, we woke up to snow and howling cold winds , when will spring really arrive ???? So it is time to make plans for my UFO'S for April, what will I work on , well first off it looks like my Autumn Bounty will be in the line up again this month , maybe third time lucky  lol.
                                  
This will be my top priority this month , it must be finished , enough procrastinating .Wish me luck as I venture into the world of Fmq , it is not my best skill .
 Next on the list also requires some quilting but I may just hand quilt this little one.
I hate to admit it but I forget where this came from , I believe it was Temeucula quilt Co. but would have to go back and search earlier photos to find out. Anyway I love this little quilt so really would like to finish it up.Now finally on my list for this month is to make some progress on my Cottage blocks which was a BOM from Shabby Fabrics , I am sooooooooo.... slow at the quilting . Funny when I go to quilting on Tuesdays I love to hand quilt but to sit down at home and just hand quilt , well it seems like I am wasting time , silly I know but that is how I feel.  But having said that I really do want to finish this quilt so will make an effort to plunk myself down and quilt .
Not the best picture in the world but you will get the idea.
Although not yet a real UFO I am also working on my mystery quilt , a BOM with Darlene , I have to hurry to catch up before Darlene gives us the next step. I worked on that this morning and , well, it is slow going on all of those leaves but they are getting done. Two sides done and one side half done and one side waiting to be done. My stars for the corners are cut but not yet sewn so I do have my work cut out for me  but oh I do love it so far.Would you like to see how it is looking ?
I will be an expert at button hole applique when I finish these leaves haha! So do you think I have enough to keep me busy for April, I do :-)
I am linking up today to Carrie and also to the Needle and Threadnetwork for WIP Wednesday . Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and have a great day.
 hugs Sheila

23 comments:

  1. Oh Sheila your mystery quilt looks great! Just a little hint, the next border is easy peasy, so it won't take a lot of your April sewing time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, we are still having winter here too - awful!!! Love all your projects and your mystery quilt is sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cottage blocks - and can just imagine you sitting at the window in the sun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You have some great projects to work on this month. I love the pumpkin quilt and the cottages from Shabby Quilts. I saved all of the cottage instructions, but didn't start even one. Good luck getting your projects finished.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's all looking good Sheila. Where do you find the time? Household things and reading blogs take up most of mine. And then when gardening season starts everything suffers. Hmm...I think I hear quilt parts calling me. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. They all look great but my favorite is definitely the house quilt. No snow here today, but it's certainly cold enough!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful projects Sheila. It does look like you will ave your hands full but in a good way. I hope you get some Spring weather soon

    ReplyDelete
  8. Busy April for you. I better take a leaf out of your book & drag out some ufo's to finish myself. :) Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. some fabulous projects to work on this month.. and they are big ones too..... that cottages is so lovely.... the winter seems to be enjoying itself and wants to stay.....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  10. 3rd times a charm. I see that fall quilt done! :0)

    Love how your mystery quilt looks so far. Have a good month.

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh Sheila you do the most beautiful work,good luck with all your UFO's.xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. lovely projects for April,
    hope you get the first one done this month.

    ReplyDelete
  13. LoVe your work Sheila. Good luck with keeping busy and I hope SpRinG has SpRunG in APriL...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Felt like January today. So I cuddled under a quilt and did some handquilting. You have lots to do but you will get it done. Your mystery looks amazing. Love your feathers. They are time consuming but so worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You will be busy, all your projects are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are making amazing progress with those UFOs and the mystery quilt is lovely! It's grey and windy here again!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like how your are going through your UFOs. The cottage quilt is so cute. How do you handquilt on a frame? Do you quilt in all directions? Do you have to move around? I am quilting in a hoop and I have to keep moving it round and round. Curious because I am just starting my foray into handquilting.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm on those ufo's also. Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I just had a week off and I had lots of fun hand quilting on my UFO's. It was nice to just work on things I wanted to do and not things I "have to" do :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your projects are all so beautiful! I always love everything you do! Especially love your houses quilt, Darlene's Mystery, and that little 4-block quilt. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  21. oh very beautiful blog !
    bisous from FRANCE

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Sheila,
    just wanted to stop by and see how you are doing? I hope you are having a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete