Sunday, December 16, 2012

On a cold December Day

On a cold December day many moons ago , late in the evening of December 16th my mother gave birth to a bouncing baby girl, that little girl was me ,I am celebrating my birthday today on this cold but sunny day .My friend Linda gave me this gorgeous bag this week , I want to share the bag first as it was a gift unto itself.
Isn't this gorgeous , a hand made bag using homemade paper ,I absolutely love this and such a soft pretty mauve color , now that you have seen how pretty the bag is just wait until you see what is inside .
Did your jaw drop like mine did when I opened this , just look at those redwork printed baskets , there are several for me to embroider and make into a quilt , so pretty , she knew I loved baskets and also redwork . She added in the sweet little Christmas buttons and oh my goodness the softest , prettiest wools and two patterns to make use of this goodness , I am so thankful Linda for your generous gifts ,I love them!!
 On Wednesday we had our Christmas party with my sewing group and of course there was a gift exchange and just look at what my friend Diane gave me ,I am truly spoiled.
A Christmas mug filled with fat quarters , a pattern for a lady slipper, a flower that I love and more cute buttons and some wonder clips , I have wanted those for a while so thanks ever so much Diane , I love it all.
 Now I also won a giveaway a little while back from Cath and it arrived this week so I am considering this as both a Christmas gift and a birthday gift ;-)
Just look , a lovely Homespun Patchwork magazine , we have great difficulty finding these magazines here and usually they are not current when we do . She also added in these cute fabrics with coordinating embroidery threads and a scissor keeper she tells me a friend makes and it is gorgeous. Oh I can't forget the hand cream she included , I sure will make use of this tube as this time of year my hands become chapped so easily with our really cold temperatures . Thanks so much Cath of Bits and Bobs, it was a lovely surprise in the mail this week.
 As for sewing this week I am finishing up a few gifts and also made a few postcards but have not taken photos so that will come later. Before I head off to decorate my tree , yeah I am REALLY slow this year so my tree is finally going to see the light of day , anyway I love to take pictures as you probably noticed and Bill gave me a new camera for my birthday and oh he also gave me a Kobo e-reader , something I have been wanting for a while. I had to try out the camera of course and this sunset the other evening was a perfect choice although it was really much prettier in person , the camera automatically adds a flash when it is that dark.
Have yourself a wonderful day and thanks for the visit.
hugs Sheila




25 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! Your presents and giveaways wins are fabulous. Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! What awesome gifts you've received. I'd have to be careful of drool ruining that bag! Beautiful sunset. Looking forward to seeing more beautiful photos from you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I think you are spoiled....lol
    Sharing those things might help..hahaha!! They are all lovely; especially that bag, Sheila. Enjoy each one of them....and your day!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well Happy Birthday - such lovely goodies and gifties you have received. Happy Holidays, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Sheila! May your year ahead be blessed with health and happiness!
    Cheers!

    Jeanneke.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday and what lovely gifts. Best wishes for Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday to you...please pretend I am singing this to you! Sounds like you are having a wonderful day with all your goodies! Yay for the new camera...gorgeous sunset! Enjoy your special day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday. What a lovely lot of presents you have. That hand made paper bag is fabulous. I don't think even I have seen that Homespun edition. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birthday my dear Sheila,what awesome presents you have received and congrats on your win,enjoy your special day.xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday Sheila. Lots of lovely goodies. I take it my parcel hasn't arrived yet? I sent it in plenty of time & Lynda has hers. They were sent to same day. Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday Sheila! You sure have lots of lovely gifts and lovely friends. Some great new projects to work on! Love that redwork basket. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  12. What lovely goodies! Happy Birthday! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday, what fun gifts...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Happy Birthday Sheila, I hope you had a wonderful day :))
    What a gorgeous bag and such a lovely colour. A very thoughtful friend indeed. All of your gifts look wonderful Should keep you busy too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Bless your Mum for giving us you Sheila. Happy Birthday ***** Lots of gorgeous gifts and much deserved. Love your sunset photo.
    Hugs xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you!!
    some seriously gorgeous gifts there.
    Well deserved too.
    Hope you have a wonderful Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lots of fabulous gifts for you on your birthday! Your sunset picture is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy birthday, Sheila and may you enjoy many, many more.

    Enjoy your wonderful gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy b'day Sheila. What wonderful gifts to enjoy and feel over and over again!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy Birthday Shelia..
    You received lots of lovelies..
    Love the new header..

    ReplyDelete
  21. what lovely goodies Sheila.. they seem just perfect for you ... and a lovely picture of the sky.... have fun with your new toys!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am a little late....but Happy Birthday...lovely gifts...

    ReplyDelete
  23. Happy belated birthday Sheila, sorry I missed it! What wonderful gifts and I bet you'll have fun with your new camera!

    ReplyDelete