Wednesday, March 21, 2012

WIP Wednesday

I have been missing in action the past few days , just needed a little blogging break . I have been stitching however and for this weeks WIP  I have a few things to show you , first off I have made five postcards for a swap I am taking part in. Hoppy Easter ,kind of fun to make .

You may just recognize these cute little rabbits , yes that is Hannah and Harrington ,I asked Michelle for permission to use these cute little drawings for my postcards and she was kind enough to grant me permission.Thanks so much Michelle :-)
If you remember our quilt guild is having a challenge for our anniversary year , we are to make something with ten of something , it could be just ten blocks , ten colors or you get the idea ,just with ten so if you have been following me for a while you will know I chose to make ten spool blocks and add my blogname to the top and my plan is to hang this in my sewing room . Well yesterday I finished it, just need to finish sewing down the hanging sleeve and put on a label like a good girl and it will be finished ,yippppeeeee!
Our guild meeting is tonight so it will be nice to have this  for show and tell. Our quilt show is June 9th this year a little later than other years due to the fact the National Quilt show is in Halifax the week before ,I am really looking forward to both. Oh tonight we are having a brown bag auction , I know I will be coming home much poorer than when I went , it is always a lot of fun and you never know what you will come home with . If you aren't familiar with a brown bag auction ,you place something in a brown paper bag ,in this case it is hopefully quilt related or food related :-) and then the auctioneer our very talented Joan will auction off the bag giving it a little shake, rattle and roll to tempt you to bid but you are bidding blindly as know one knows what is inside only the person who owns the bag and even they would not recognize their bag lol! It is a great fund raiser and a lot of fun so why not have your guild give it a try . I'll let you know if I get any real great goodies tomorrow . 
 I am also working on a topper for the table topper frame as I am taking part in Madamme Samm's April blog hop ,the icon is on my sidebar now and I hope to make two minis if time permits so keep your eyes peeled I won't be showing you any progress on that as I don't want to spoil the surprise :-) 
I have also been working madly on my crazy patch block for Jeanette , getting there Jeanette , you will be one of the first to get yours back , I think you will be pleased .I know the rest of you have no clue what I am talking about but I am taking part in an international crazy patch swap ,we have been doing this for months now , seems like years at times and there have been times when I have been completely overwhelmed by the blocks I have received , simply gorgeous but way out of my league of skill level but I did my best and passed them on and hopefully they will be happy when they get them back. 
I am linking today to the Needle and Thread Network , be sure to stop by and see what others are doing this week and as always thanks for stopping by . hugs Sheila 

14 comments:

  1. YOu did a great job on those post cards and Your guild anniversary challange ie spool banner turned is awsome as well. I am still working on my little wall hanging with the spools.
    in stitches
    ps i saw your name for the hop and I will be looking forward to seeing your topper : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheila; those postcards are adorable!! Your banner is fantastic. I love it!! Have fun at your gathering tonight. I did place a nice big order for thread....lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those post cards are wonderful! And your quilt sign will steal the show! Love all your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are keeping busy. I do like your spools and and signature quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The postcards are so cute, The banner is very nice. Linda's & Martha's blocks have arrived so now to get to work on them. :) Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  6. how sweet to see harrington and hannah on cards..... and your name sign is perfect.... enjoy your auction... and good luck!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVELY bunny postcards! And the banner is FANTASTIC as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those postcards are adorable. You have been very busy

    ReplyDelete
  9. What gorgeous Easter postcards Sheila.

    I just love your name sign..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice postcards, those swaps are addicting, aren't they?
    Love the brown bag auction, and am curious what you'll end up with.

    ReplyDelete
  11. They turned out sooooooooooo cute! Great job!
    Love your banner too!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lots of gorgeous sewing and I adore your little postcards.

    ReplyDelete