Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Tuesdays Treasures

You will have a laugh at this one but I just had to share it . When my parents came for a visit on their way to PEI my Mom passed me a bag and said here is a gift for you , well inside was this gym uniform , not just any gym uniform but  My uniform from when I was in grades 7-9 . When I started in grade 7 it was the policy for the students to line up according to height , and that first year I was second from last on the short end , that did not make me happy I was so small and this uniform was so huge on me .Well by the end of that same year I was in the middle of the group , yeah, I grew but I didn't get any fatter so I was a tall skinny kid and this uniform looked pretty pitiful on me . I couldn't believe Mom still had it , you can see my initials on the pocket ,Mom did that for me as that was also required and it had to be in the school colors , our colors were actually burgundy and gold but this uniform is a bright red . The lower half balloned out , oh how cute they were "NOT ", now you will have to take my word on this but it still fits , not well but I did get it on and buttoned up but I sure had a hard time getting it off , it is the length that is the problem and there is no more balloning either , I should have taken a picture not that I would share it with you but I should have just for Mom , she laughed when I told her I had put it on .I couldn't resist  ;-0 Anyway this is my treasure from way back when , not sure what I will do with it but I will think of something for now I am just enjoying having it around again. Thanks for the visit and to see more treasures be sure to visit with Melody of The house on the side of the hill  .
 hugs Sheila

14 comments:

  1. Interesting treasure this week Sheila. How things have changed since we were kids. :) Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful that your mum held on to that uniform. I'll bet it brought back a flood of memories. When you think what children wear to school now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My uniform was blue...didn't you just love it???

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great story with your treasure... gave me a good chuckle especailly that you put it on....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great story, beautiful uniform, a memory worth to be treasured.

    ReplyDelete
  6. O My Gosh Sheila, I do remember those gym outfits. Ours were green. I too was soo small in mine also. Looked like a pencil in a green cabbage roll. Thanks for the great remerberance of those darn outfits.!!!!!Dianne.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh.my.gosh. I had forgotten those lovely (NOT) things. Mine was red too. I really hated gym class, and I think the uniform was part of the reason.

    ReplyDelete
  8. lol,what a find Sheila,it is a great piece of past history,great that you still fit in it,i couldnt sat that with any of my school uniform,lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. How great is that Sheila....scary I remember the bloomery type sports pants. Well done you actually getting them on. Mine wouldn't go above my knees I'm sure. Love this story!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Our gym uniform was really tight stretchy shorts, and a cotton top. I HATED it.... yours is way too cute..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your story really made my smile and wow you could still fit in it. I'm sure it brings back so many memories. Thanks for a fabulous post.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The rompers are very cute, how nice that your mum still had them for you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness - I'd forgotten all about those!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I had one in green! Thanks for that flashback! Can you see the girls wearing that today?...don't think so.

    ReplyDelete