Monday, February 21, 2011

Tuesdays Treasures

It isn't quite Tuesday here in Nova Scotia but I will be off early in the am. so wanted to get this posted early . You see this is my treasure today , this is where I will be in the morning , in the church basement hand quilting on one of these quilts . This is truly a treasure to me each week , I absolutely love hand quilting and I also love the friendship I enjoy with the other ladies who join me each week . We start at 9:30 am and stay for lunch , I might add we eat well too , each week we take turns taking a hot meal complete with a delicious dessert and of course biscuits . I think I have gained a pound or two since I started this venture almost two years ago now. It all started when I asked these ladies to quilt a quilt for me which they did and when I returned to pick it up they suggested I join them . My reply was "Oh I don't know how to hand quilt "but they assured me that I would do fine and they have kept me so I guess I passed the test ;-0 I think I remember another blogger saying there is no greater treasure than friendship and I completely agree so today my treasure is the joy I receive each week hand quilting with my friends and helping out the church at the same time .
In these pictures you will see Joan marking the quilt before we start the stitching on our friend Diane's quilt and the second quilt is one that was made by a lady who is no longer with us but her granddaughter has asked us to quilt it so she can have it as a memory of her dear grandmother . These pictures were taken a few weeks ago so we have made some progress since this time .
To see more treasures head on over to visit with Melody at The house on the side of the Hill and thanks for stopping by .
hugs Sheila

10 comments:

  1. how special! you are so lucky to be part of sucha group! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post Sheila.....that's what we did here last week....quilted a quilt for the ministers mother....and ate way too much....lol....we met at at neighbour's house.....it is an experience....have a good day

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post Sheila. This sounds like a great group of people.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a special group. I would love to have a weekly hand quilting group. Enjoy tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Sheila,

    Oh you sound like you have the most perfect time. Having lunch of course makes it even nicer, better than rushing of home. Enjoy.
    Happy days.
    Bev.xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Sheila. Those quilts look wonderful on the frame. I am glad I got to see that. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  7. That does sounds like a lot of fun...enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sheila what a wonderful treasure and how lucky you are to have that treasure,lovely post.
    cheers shez

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think that sounds so wonderful! What an amazing time you must have! I think that is the best way to hand quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful group - How many work on it together..and how often do you met.

    ReplyDelete