Saturday, February 26, 2011

A little change

This isn't the greatest picture and I can see I should have ironed the little peachy colored top but these items are made from crinkled seersucker , not the easiest fabric to work with ,it likes to stretch .These are for my granddaughter Sophia and I hope they fit her , she is too far away to try them on or to even know what size to make so it was guess work . It had been a while since I had done any garment sewing ,oh I did make that jumper for Nila but other than that nothing else so I am really out of practise and it is much different than making quilts .The great thing about making these this week was the fact they are spring and summer colors  and we need a little cheerfulness around here with all the snow we are dealing with.
Last night was one to be remembered , wow we had torrental rains that turned to snow when the temperatures dropped quickly so our yard is now a skating rink .The wind was nearly blizzard conditions so the snow has blown around and it is still cold out there . I do have to go get some groceries today but I am not looking forward to actually going out . Take care and have a great weekend and thanks for the visit .
hugs Sheila
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. There really is something special about seeing children in handmade clothes, yours are lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love hte little outfits. Drive carefully in that slippery world out there and when you get home....happy stitching -

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute outfits. Sophia will love them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please, Sheila, be careful out there!
    I am in love with that colorful outfit; do they come in extra-large? :)
    ...hang in there, the end is coming, and spring will spring, it really will! Sending you warmth and sunshine,
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are so darling!! Look so sweet and like Spring!!

    ReplyDelete