Thursday, May 27, 2010

Mystery quilt

On this rainy afternoon I am finishing off a couple of small things for our quilt show on Saturday and I am pleased to say this mystery quilt is now complete .I started this two years ago in July , oh my that is a long time isn't it , oh well it is now off my UFO list and I can add it to my finishes for May ,yippeeeeee! I purchased all the fabrics in this quilt on a visit to Seattle to visit my Material Girl friends and too bad I didn't take a picture of the back as the material also matches the front although a different print . I am not sure if this actually has a name , terrible huh but I have labeled it Mystery quilt and to be honest it is a mystery to me why I do Mystery quilts , I don't particulary like the idea of not knowing what the final project will look like , I had to learn that the hard way though , this is my third mystery quilt , I am a slow learner and get this I signed up for another one starting in Sept. with our quilt guild , yeah a real slow learner .
I will be taking a few pictures at our show on Sat .and hope to post a few if I can get some decent pictures so keep your eyes open for some great quilts .For now have a great day and Happy sewing .
Sheila
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Sheila, Your quilts are fantastic, I think I could learn a thing or two from you..Maria

    ReplyDelete