Wednesday, May 5, 2010

A few finishes

I am off to an early start for May , I just had to make this sweet little fabric envelope for my Mom , when ever I seen it on http://gumtreedesigners.blogspot.com I knew it was something I wanted to make , it is so cute . Since my Mom has recently taken up handquilting I have also made her a needlecase and to make your own just go here . It is a great size and I will fill it up with a few goodies for her and hopefully she will love using it . I love it so much I will make one for myself to take quilting on Tuesdays ;-)
Finally I made these two pillowcases this morning for our quilt guild , we are having a pillowcase challenge and all the pillowcases received will go to charities .They are quick and so much fun to make and children and adults alike love them .

You may all be wondering how the quilt is coming along , welllllllll , that is a long story , the embroidery just didn't work for me , it was very difficult to keep the fabric feeding evenly with the quilt to deal with so I ended up frog stitching that and have since did some maple leaves in that area and I am down to the outside border which I have sort of decided to hand quilt the maple leaves in a smaller version .I am still aiming for a finish by the end of this month so it can be included in the quilt show .Heres hoping :-) Thanks for stopping by .
Sheila
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment