Tuesday, May 25, 2010

BOM Quilt

Last year our quilt guild did a BOM quilt with a flower garden theme and this is my quilt .The good news is that it is finally being quilted by myself and my friends at the church on Tuesdays .Each month we received two new patterns for our garden blocks to be completed before the next meeting ,our program director was Anne of Humbug Quilter and she is a wonderful teacher and has such great ideas so it was a real fun year and there were some very colorful quilts completed as a result . As you can see there are no fancy quilt frames used here just plain old boards with clamps on the ends and chairs to hold the whole thing up ,it might not be modern but it works ;-) Since I had lots of scraps leftover I chose to make a piano key border with them and I rather like that effect ,although you can't see it in this picture the corners have fans of these scrap fabrics .
I am still........ sewing down the binding on my mystery quilt , it was real hot here yesterday and I decided to do some cleaning and washing of windows ,why I waited for a hot day is beyond me ; so I didn't get anywhere near the sewing room and last evening I tried to do some more on the binding but oh my it was too hot to have a large quilt draped over you so perhaps this evening I can finish that off as it is presently raining .
Thanks for stopping by.
Sheila
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful Sheila. Love all those bright colours. Great idea for the border. Hugs, Jeanette

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always Sheila, the quilt is VERY beautiful. I have such a tallented friend. Lucky me. See you tomorrow. D.

    ReplyDelete